Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Me and the Beach


Just a few weeks ago Mama and Daddy took me and my brothers to the beach. And Grandma and Grandpa came along too!
 
We made a big fun day of it! Mama says I've been to the beach before, but I don't remember it.

So now, having been there recently, I've come to this conclusion...
I really, really like the beach!

The first thing I did (of course) was taste the sand. Not exactly yummy, but very interesting. I like to put a handful in my mouth then spit it right back out again. 
 And in case you are curious, the sand you see here is on my chin--NOT my tongue. Grandma called it my go-tee and everyone laughed. I don't get it.

The boys like the beach too, but sometimes they play a little too hard for me. And they are very sneaky--like when they put sand down my swimming suit.

Mama was not happy about it.

But I was!

 
When Mama was done dusting out my back, Daddy gave me a wonderful new snack--watermelon.


For the record: Watermelon is MUCH yummier than sand.

The watermelon won me over and I decided it was time to start hanging out with Daddy more.

When he suggested going down to check out the water, I went along with it. The boys all seemed to like it and I didn't want to miss anything fun.

Well, I don't know how they can stand running around in the waves the way they all do--
the water is really cold!


I wanted to wait until the water went back away from the sand, and Daddy let me take my time. That wet sand was really different, but it felt nice on my toes.

After a while, I got used to it and walked around Daddy for a bit. 
I like to practice walking any chance I get.

Finally, when it started getting a little colder, I decided I was done playing in the water and sand. I just wanted to chill on a chair and play the piggies game with Grandpa. 

Ah, good times.

Me and Grandpa, we're buddies. He has a great, boomy voice and fantastic whiskers. 

So, yeah, I like the beach--for lots of reasons. And I'd go back, you bet!


And next time I go, I'll just fly!

It's faster.

2 comments:

CLyle said...

You are such a cute smiley girl! What a fun day at the beach!

Yaya said...

What a doll. Great pics!