Tuesday, October 23, 2012

It's so Frustrating!

I spend most of my days trying to do things I can't do very well. 

Such as climbing on everything, including the piano, beds, couches, and tables.
Also, tasting my brothers toys, mud, leaves, shoes, and anything that fits in my hand is loads of fun.
And I love to empty boxes and bins then, if I remember, put it all back in random, messy order.
I like shutting myself in the hall closet then screaming because I can't get out again.
Then there's finding Mama's phone and pushing buttons until I hear a voice saying "Hello?"

I call it 'practicing'. Mama and Daddy call it 'trouble'.

Of course, there are some things I'm allowed to do that are difficult too.
For example, recently I rediscovered a little pink chair that I got for my birthday. It's just my size and you'd think it would be easy to use. But no.
Mama says it's my approach. I go in head-first. When she helps me get in it, she puts me in bum-first. Well, that's fine for her, but I can't see where I'm going if I do that by myself!

So, I climb in, try to turn around, and usually end up on my face. 

It's not a very stable chair.

The other day I was working on my chair-sitting technique, but got so frustrated I had to take a break and have a little tantrum, face-first on my pink dog (I call it "Big"). 

Looking back, I wonder if that dress I was wearing was part of the problem...hmmm. 
(Now, I like dresses, and this one was Mama's when she was a baby, but if they are going to get in the way of my playtime, I may have to rethink my wardrobe.)

Of course, after a while I got right back on that chair and tried again, but I fell every time. Mama thought it was pretty funny and tried to get a picture of me falling. 
Nice, Mama. Really nice. 

I'm sorry to say that in the end I lost my temper and gave up. 

Sometimes to you have to know when you're beat. 

1 comment:

CLyle said...

So cute! Bum first is totally overrated. :)