Saturday, August 21, 2010

Camping is Fun and Weird

A few months ago, Daddy and Mama took us camping and the coolest thing happened. Our friends the Parkers showed up too and they stayed in the tent next door! How random is that? I mean, it was great, but weird. But then everything about camping is weird.
First thing about camping is you have to wear a coat all the time, even if it's summer time. Apparently, if you're going to camp at all, you have to do it in a place with a lot of dirt, trees, and cold air.

I sort of get it, though. If you're cold you enjoy the fire more. I really liked the fire. It's hot! (one of my favorite words) And it was in a big bowl full of wood. AND it had a ladder just the right size for me.

Brady and Laney had a great time running up and down trees. They are very good friends and they did everything together. They looked for Banana Slugs (SO weird), explored the whole area, climbed everything--and I was so jealous!

I really, REALLY wanted to climb high, just like Brady. I yelled like anything when he got up without me, but no one would let me climb that high. LAME!

Camping was fun, but you don't get much sleep when your bed is set up in the corner of a tent. So, when we left the camping place, Brady and I fell asleep super fast. Hey, wait! I just noticed something is this picture! Brady is SO stealing my blanket! I have a serious problem with people taking my things. Mama says I need to share. I say everyone else needs to leave my stuff alone.

Oh yeah, I was talking about camping. Camping is cool, but I don't get it..but I want to do it again. Weird.

2 comments:

Brad said...

Camping is fun. It's great to get outdoors and explore and get dirty. Gald the boys get to experience all of this, we know it's not very convenient for moms.
Thanks for posting these. Love Pop

Yaya said...

Hi Tommy,
I am blowing you kisses right now. Love you, Yaya