Saturday, January 26, 2008

Lost and Found

When I was very small (a long, loong time ago) I used to suck on my fingers and thumb. I also sucked on a binky, blankets, hair, Mommy, Daddy, bottles, and all sorts of things. Then I got bigger and decided sucking is really just for eating-time. Licking or biting seemed to work pretty well for most things I came across.

Then, very recently, I found my thumb again. I don't use it all the time - just when I'm very sleepy or grumpy or in need of comfort. Like when I'm in the car with Mommy and Daddy and they are behind me and I am sad and can't see them. Actually, I was recently promoted to facing forward in the car, but I'm still not as close to Mommy and Daddy as I would like to be!

Thumbs, as I have re-discovered are very comforting at times like that. I also like to suck on it when I just wake up from a nap. I like to sit in Mommy's lap and slurp my thumb a little. I never do it for long, though. There's always other things to do, once I'm awake enough to notice them.

1 comment:

Yaya said...

It's easier and more convenient than a pacifier.