Thursday, March 3, 2011

So, THAT was Christmas

Okay, so Brady and I were looking over our blogs and realized we hadn't told you about our Christmas. It was too good a holiday to miss, so here you go. Better way late than not at all, right?
Now, I'm the first to admit I didn't get the whole Christmas thing...at first. No matter how anyone tried to explain it to me, I just couldn't quite grasp it.
Seemed to me it was all about a tree with little lights and toys on it (cool, but weird). There were some great songs and books, and Mama decorated our new house with red and green.
I really liked it, but I just didn't get it. What was the point of all this? Mama and Brady tried to fob me off with some story about a baby sleeping in a pile of hay under a big star, but what does a baby have to do with trees or lights or fluffy red hats (like the one Mama kept putting on my head)? Daddy says the baby was Jesus, but I know better. Jesus is a big man--not a baby. Duh.
Well, Christmas finally came and it was every bit as fun as Brady promised it would be. I didn't see any babies in hay or extra big stars (except for the toy version), but there were lots of presents and a pretty fire and scrambled eggs for breakfast (my favorite). We saw a lot of family and played with fun toys all day long.
I guess Christmas was pretty fabulous, looking back. Yeah, I'd do it again.
The only part I still don't get AT ALL is that Santa guy. Brady says he put the fun stuff in my stocking, but I have my doubts. I don't think Daddy would have let a big guy dressed in a red suit in the house at night. And that beard is seriously freaky.
Mama says Christmas will come back again and I'll like it better next time. Hey, I liked it just fine. I just don't understand it.

1 comment:

Brad said...

Love the hat pictures and your dialogue. Come to think of it the whole Christmas thing must be a bit confusing to kids. Love to all Pop