Friday, December 28, 2012

Ah Chris'mis!



This was my second Chris'mis ever and it was GREAT! 
 See, I don't really remember the first one (I was just a baby then--AGES ago!), so it was like a whole new Holiday for me.

It all started with a few days after Thanksgiving, when we decorated the house.

Daddy brought SO many boxes down from the attic and Mama opened ALL of them!
They were full of toys, books, sparkly ornaments, and movies. Daddy let us watch "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" while he and Mama decorated the house.


I spent most of the afternoon in a box, watching it all happen--best seat in the house!

 It was only a few weeks after that that I met this guy...Santa Claus! 
I knew all about him from Brady and Tommy. 
Daddy and Mama thought I would be scared of him, but that was so silly! Who could be scared of a guy like this? For crying out loud--he gave me candy! Um, instant BFF!

 The night before Chris'mis a lot of our family came over and we had a big dinner and some presents. I was too excited to eat much and I flatly refused to wear the silly paper crown Mama put on my head...

 ...but I really enjoyed the presents and playing with my uncles and aunties. 

The next morning was Chris'mis and, I'll be honest, I had no idea what was going to happen. 
For a while I wasn't sure I would like Chris'mis. 

First, I was dragged from my bed before the sun was even up. 
My eyes were so blurry I couldn't see what was going on!
But after a while I saw a few things that made me realize this was going to be a really amazing day!

 Check out the stockings! One of them was MINE! See? It's the one with my name on it. 
It was full of toys and candy! SO cool!

 Then there was the tree. The tree itself wasn't anything new. After all, I had helped decorate it, so I had seen it all month. But the stuff around it! Toys, presents, and a fabulous little orange bear! 
I stood for a long time just staring at our beautiful tree.

Then we got down to business and opened the stockings and all the presents. I got so many toys! I think my favorite present of the day was my huge, pink hula hoop! It's sparkly, pink, and noisy--what could be better?

Merry Chris'mis Everybody!

No comments: