Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Big World

Hi there. I'm Tommy.

I'm one month old now, but if I'm going to talk about myself I should probably start at the beginning.

The beginning was a Very Hard Day. I'll admit I kind of brought it on myself. I liked it okay in Mama's tummy, but I was anxious to get out into the world and check things out. I had been hearing weird sounds and tasting strange foods for months. I figured enough was enough and it was time to be born. So, I came a little early.

Now, I'm not sorry I came out, but there were a few things about being born into the Big World I was not prepared for. The Big World is very cold, for one thing! I didn't know how naked I was until I came out.

For another thing the sights and sounds of the Big World were kind of overwhelming. Lights and faces were everywhere. I heard so many voices and sounds I still don't know. It made me tired.

Then, to make things even more confusing, I was washed and bundled into a big soft thing. I know it looks like I didn't like it, but I was really just confused and grumpy. And I wanted my Mama.

Yes, I knew who Mama and Daddy were even before I came out. I had been hearing Mama talk and Daddy sing for months and months before I saw them. I knew their voices and smells. They were very comforting to have around on my first day in the Big World.

2 comments:

Brad said...

Love the new photos, especially the wrapped in the blanket like a Russian doll screaming his head off photo. Thanks Pop

Yaya said...

The swaddled-screaming his head off picture is a classic and a metaphor for life. (What am I doing in this hard, cold world? Put me back immediately!
Love, Yaya