Monday, December 24, 2007

What's With the Tree?

Our new place has a tree in it. Our last place didn't. We moved in to the new place and one of the first things I noticed was this big ol' tree sitting in the front room. I'll bet we moved here especially for the tree. You have to see this tree to believe it. It's all bright and sparkly and is absolutley covered in toys! I really, really like our inside tree!

Just recently Mommy started putting big pieces of colorful, shiny paper and bows under the new tree. I'm not allowed to touch them and Mommy put pillows in my way so I couldn't reach. Just wait, though. A few pillows aren't going to stop me for long. I WILL tear up and taste that pretty paper!

Mommy says the tree isn't going to stay here forever. She says it's only for Christmas. Christmas is another "special day". Mommy says it's not like Halloween, but is a very GOOD day. She says it's the day a very special baby was born. The Christ Child. She says most of the world celebrates his birthday. He must be pretty special.

Mommy says she'll tell me the whole story. I'll get back to you on this when I find out more about it...

No comments: