Sunday, February 3, 2008

Look What I Can Do!

So I have the greatest trick! One day I was playing next to Mommy and I used her to get myself up on my feet. When I let go ...I didn't fall! Well, I did fall, but not for a couple of seconds! I've been working on it for a while now and I finally really got it down.

I start with by planting my feet firmly on the ground. I spread them far apart and I don't know why, but that seems to help. I settle on all fours for a minute and then look for something to pull myself up on. It doesn't have to be stable. I often use my jumper seat and it sure wiggles a lot, but it works just fine. Just so I can hold on tight and push myself up.

Once I get up on something I take a minute and get my balance. Sometimes it can take a while because I tend to get distracted. You know, I look around me and see Daddy or a toy or hear some music (which makes me want to dance! I love to dance!) So, sometimes I'll lean against stuff for a while. Eventually I get comfortable and brave and then I take a breath and let go.

It's the greatest thing to be able to balance on my own two feet! Very exciting and I feel independent and strong. I am the big boy in our house because I can stand up tall like Daddy! Well, okay, I'm not as tall as Daddy, but I'm getting there! Anyway, I can stand up like him!

I look pretty nice in these pictures, don't I? I was all dressed up for church. Mommy said I looked very handsome that day. I agree. I'm a very cute little man. Everyone says so. Now I am both cute and strong!

Know what's even cooler? I can take STEPS! Oh yes. I'm up to five or six in a row now. I can walk from Mommy to the couch and from the couch to the toy box. Mommy says I could probably do more, but she thinks I'm scared. AM NOT! I'm not scared of anything! Except maybe sudden, loud noises. And Dancing Santa Toys. And waking up in the middle of the night all alone in the dark. I'm not actually afraid of falling down. I mean, I fall down all the time and it's no big deal.

Maybe Mommy is right and I could walk just fine right now. But if I did that, who would carry me around all day? I'm not scared.

I'm smart.

2 comments:

CLyle said...

How awesome Brady! You are the smartest ever. Look at you taking steps and at only 8-9 months. We can't wait to see your new trick in a bit when you come visit!

greg lyle said...

WOW! That's incredible! I have never seen such a little person walking around by himself. Keep up the good work.