There is a place far away from our house (not plane "far away", but a long car ride!) where the fishies live. They live in rooms full of water. You are not allowed in the fishies' rooms with them. I really don't think that's fair. I mean, why not? Are the fishies shy? No, that can't be right. If the fishies where shy, they wouldn't have all those windows looking into their rooms. Hah! There must be some other reason they won't let me in. You know they didn't even have any doors into their rooms?
I liked looking in the fishies' windows. They had such big windows. You really couldn't see much, though. They don't have a lot of toys in there. No furniture either. Where do they sleep? Mommy says they just float around when they sleep. Weird.There were all sorts of fishies in the big rooms. I saw really big fishies that scared me (they grew way too big!) and long skinny ones (they need to eat more!) I liked the colorful ones best! There was one orange one in particular...
I think it was asleep. I know it has its eyes open, but it just sat there for the longest time and didn't move. I even banged on the glass really hard and it didn't notice! I yelled and it didn't even blink! It must have been totally unconscious. I was VERY loud. I am good at being loud.
The Water Place had more than just fishie rooms. Parts of it were very, very bad.
There was a room where bad surprises happened. Daddy took me in it to see what would happen. It was NOT good. Big splashes. Water everywhere. Very, very loud. I didn't like it at all.I let Daddy know how upset I was. He had to know. I happen to be very good at being unpleasant when I'm unhappy. So, what I want to know is - why didn't we get out of that dreadful room?
What was Daddy thinking? When the loud water went away we just sat there and waited. Daddy was laughing. I guess he thought it wouldn't come back. I thought so too ...until it did. It was just as loud as the first time!Once again, I let Daddy know just how upset I was about the whole thing. Once again, he didn't get me out of there. He just laughed! I don't think that was very fair. I mean, he obviously wasn't scared, but I was and I couldn't get out by myself, so he should have gotten me out. That was his job! Why was he laughing?
Then I got it. He thought it was funny that I was scared of the water. Bad Daddy! What's really weird is that everyone else in the scary room was laughing at me too. What was so funny? Come to think of it, why were all those people in the scary room? Why would anyone go in there on purpose and stay there? Grown up people are crazy!!Anyway, after a few more loud crashes, we finally left the scary room and went to look at more water. I was upset at Daddy, but the next place he took me was cool enough to make up for it.
There was a room full of sinks, like in our kitchen. Actually it was a little more like one big, long sink. The water was cold and full of interesting things. That, by itself, would have been good enough for me, really, but it got better! I was allowed to play in the water and touch the stuff inside. Daddy held me up and I got all wet. The stuff was slimy and cold. My fingers got very cold. I even got my sleeves a little wet. It was FANTASTIC!!! My only regret is that I got so interested in the stuff, I forgot to splash around. Maybe next time.
I don't mind cold water, you know. Cold in general isn't a bad thing. There's nothing better than cold wind in your face, especially when you're all bundled up and in Mommy's arms. I don't like being cold when I go to bed, but that's different. Cold water is still water and I just like being wet. I could play in water all day and never get bored. We got to play in the Long Cold Water Sink for a while. Daddy played too and we both got wet. He and I are just alike. Except for liking loud, splashy rooms! Why does he like that!?
I'll talk to him about it later. Anyway, I touched a soft, wet, leafy thing, and a hard, crunchy thing. They were very interesting, but I don't know what they were. I wasn't allowed to taste them and I don't understand stuff I can't taste. Still, just getting to touch them and stick my hands in the water was pretty nice.When we were done with the Long Sink, we saw more watery rooms full of animals and fish. I still wasn't allowed in and I really think it's mean. I really felt the most deprived in the last place we went.
Mommy called them Jellyfish. I don't know what Jelly is, but those things were NOT fishies! I know what fishies look like. I'm a baby, not a moron. Those things we saw were very, very cool, but I don't know what they were. I tried to touch them lots, but they stayed behind their windows and wouldn't let me in. You know, I don't think they could hear me when I called. It's the only explanation. No one ignores me when I call out to them. NO ONE! Mommy says the windows were too thick for them to hear. I think she's wrong.
I think the problem isn't with the windows. It's the Jellies. Look closely. No ears. Ha! I told you they were weird! I would complain if I were them. You know, I can't even think why anyone would want to take their ears in the first place.Check it out, though. Not only are they missing their ears, but they don't have eyes, noses, mouths, hair, toes, fingers, knees, or bellybuttons! Who DID this to them?! Seriously! Talk about mean!
They were pretty, though. They swam around so slowly and softly. They were never in a hurry. I'm always in a hurry. So much to see and do. Jellies don't have a lot to do in their water rooms. They had nothing! No wonder they went so slow! I'll bet they were bored!I liked the Jellies. I know they are missing some pretty important features, but anything that pretty is worth something. They were lots of fun to watch and they looked very soft. I like soft things. Pooh Bear, food, Mommy... If I could just figure out how to get past the windows! Next time I'll look harder for the doors!
I liked the Water Place. Daddy says we'll go back soon. I'm so glad, but I'll have to keep my eye on that Daddy. He better not try to get me into that scary room again. Ooooh, he better not!
No comments:
Post a Comment