I like to go to the park. We have a great park very close to our house. It's only about a ten minute's stroller ride away. It's shady with a sand pile swings and big giant toys called slides.There's also a lot of grass for running. I can go as fast as I want and nothing trips me up. Mommy and Daddy took me there one night for "Family Night" and we had a picnic. We were supposed to eat on a blanket in the grass, but I just couldn't sit still! I ate a few grapes and some bread and I was outta there!
After dinner we got to play! I like the swings a lot! I don't go too high, and I like to keep Mommy or Daddy by me at all times, but it's very cool to sit and move at the same time!You get a pretty good view from those plastic seats too. I can see the whole park when I go up! Well, I can see the sand pile anyway, and that's good enough for me!
Daddy pushed me first. He pushed me good and high! It was great! Daddy is very strong and I always feel braver when he's there. I didn't mind going high because I knew he'd catch me. He stayed right by me the whole time. Mommy was taking pictures while Daddy pushed, and I knew I could get away with a little more than usual, so I got in quick and tasted the swing. Kind of rubbery and very dirty, but not too bad really.
Then Mommy pushed me and I didn't get to go quite as high, but I got plenty of tickles! Mommy made funny faces too and silly sounds! Mommy's good at being silly. She makes me laugh and laugh! After a while, though, she got tired of silly sounds and got me out of the swing. That was no fun...until I saw the slide!
I LOVE the slide! First I went down a big one with Daddy and that was great, but I really wanted to go down by myself! So we looked around and found a smaller one.Daddy stood at the top and Mommy at the bottom and they let me go down alone! WOW! I went so fast! It was so exciting, but it scared me silly every time! I couldn't get enough! I did it again and again and again!
Finally, when Daddy and Mommy were tired, I sat at the bottom of the slide and examined the bits of wood that covered the ground. It's weird stuff. I don't know why they don't just put grass or more sand. Small bits of wood are prickly and sticky. But very tasty!Don't tell her I said so, but Mommy's a spoil-sport sometimes. When she saw me nibbling on the wood bits, she took them away and we went home. Eating wood must be very, VERY bad for us to have to go home over it! Never mind that it was getting dark, or that we were all very sleepy. I know we went home because I ate that wood.
Maybe we can go back again soon?
2 comments:
Wow, that park looks like a lot of fun! You're really getting big. It was so much fun to get to hear you talking on the phone today. We can't wait to see you soon!
We will have to go to the park and beach in a few weeks. Love the blog. Thanks, Love Brad
Post a Comment