A few weeks ago, Mommy put my highchair in the middle of the kitchen and gave me a big bowl of spaghetti. Then she handed me a spoon and a roll. She pulled up a chair and sat back to see what I would do.Um, COOL!!! I got to eat my lunch all by myself! First time ever! Am I a big boy or what? I love doing things by myself and I so rarely get to do it! Good ting I wasn't all that hungry though. I've discovered I don't actually get a lot in my tummy when I feed myself.
The spoon is the hardest part, and forks aren't much easier. Spoons are fun to use, of course, but nothing stays on them. I couldn't get anything but sauce in my mouth! How does Mommy do it? The sauce was good though.
It was so good I had to rub it all over my arms and face and head! Between the spoon (nice to know its good for something) and my hands, I really earned my bath that night! Don't I look nice in red?
Of course, Mommy had to get the camera out. She can't let me do anything fun without snapping that thing all over the place! I don't mind really, but I DO think it would be fairer if I got to hold it now and then.When she wouldn't give the camera to me, I returned to my meal, which I was pretty done with. I kind of filled up on the roll and sauce, so most of the noodles were left over. I suppose I wasted them, but they were fun to play with.
Especially when I dumped them onto the tray. Wow, have you ever seen such a glorious mess? I ate a little of it that way, but it hurt my neck and, as I said before, I really wasn't all that hungry.Once I had the bowl empty, I squished the spaghetti up all over the place and then turned my attention to the bowl. I bit it to pieces just to see if I could. And I could. At least, I got some of the yellow paper off. It rips very loudly and I find that very satisfying.
Mommy never really let me have my food to myself again after the spaghetti incident. We compromised, though. She gives me a spoon and some of my food in a small bowl, and she feeds me the rest from her bowl and spoon. It works. I get a full tummy and a chance to practice with that dratted spoon!I wonder if I'll ever get the hang of that spoon. I wonder if getting this dirty is really worth going through the clean-up. I wonder how, with all my efforts, I couldn't manage to get more than one or two noodles on the kitchen floor!
1 comment:
Ha ha, I'm so sad I missed that event! But the pictures are spectacular.
Sometimes, I have trouble eating my food without getting it all over me.. :P
Post a Comment