Saturday, July 19, 2008

My House

THIS is my house. It's all my own, though I let Mommy in sometimes. I keep it in the back yard with a basket full of toys.

Check out the blue floor outside too! Daddy and Mommy did that one day while I was out playing at Grandma and Grandpa's house. It's a lot softer than the ground used to be. It kind of crinkles too, but I like things that make funny noises. My house looks nice on the blue floor, doesn't it?

You know, I don't really know where my house came from. One day it just showed up in a very big box and Daddy put it together. I helped! Mommy says Daddy picked it up on the way home as a surprise for me. How? Where? Weird.

So, my house is fully loaded. It's got a doorbell that rings nice and loud. I could push that all day! I like to push it and say "din-don!" That's what the bell sounds like!

Then I can open the door by myself and the door is just my size (so few things are!) I like to open and shut it over and over again. But I never shut the door when I go inside. What if I couldn't get back out?

Inside my house is a funny little table with a sink that doesn't work. I don't really get what it's for. It has two little seats next to it and I like to sit on them and look out the windows.

I lean against the funny table and just sit. It's like being a grown up man like Daddy. Actually, though, Daddy doesn't just sit at the table like that and I think I know why.

Sitting at the table staring at the wall is dead boring. That's why I usually bring a ball or my toy vacuum in with me.

Anyway, that's my house. You can come visit me anytime and I'll show you around. It wouldn't take very long and you can't beat the location. Seriously, how many people do you know who have a house in their backyard?

Me.

2 comments:

Yaya said...

What a cool house - a place just for him! Does he like to have friends visit? I love the picture of Brady sitting on the chair looking out the window - he looks so happy to be in his own little house.
Love, Grandma Ally

Jess said...

Ohhh, soft flooring! What a wonderful idea! Maybe we can try playing again, and it might turn out better than last time.

You're such a big boy in your own house. Keep smiling!