
I like the beach. One day last month we were going to the aquarium, but it was too busy, so we went to the beach nearby. It was so pretty! The sand was full of sparkles and the water wasn't too cold. I wanted to run right in, but Mommy and Daddy wouldn't let me.

We always bring a tent to the beach. It keeps the sun off when we are too hot and the wind out when we are too cold. I like to track sand inside. It IS the beach after all. What's the beach without a lot of sand?

The best way to get sand everywhere is to get it on yourself. I like to get wet and then fall face first in the sand. Then I get up and fall backwards too. It's a great big mess! I love it!

We also bring big buckets to the beach. You fill them with sand and dump them out again. They make funny shapes and you knock them down. A very good game! Daddy was good at making shapes for me to knock over.

Mommy made good ones too, but she didn't want me to knock them over. She liked to make a lot of them and keep them up. What's the point of that?

Eventually I was so dirty and wet, Mommy and Daddy put me in a swim diaper and let me get really wet. They wouldn't let me go in alone, but I guess it wasn't so bad. When I was done swimming, though, I was cold! I was so cold I didn't know what to do with myself.

Then I noticed how warm the sand was. Mmmmm... it felt so good on my cold tummy! I had to keep moving around, since the sand didn't stay warm for long, but it worked in the end. Warm sand keeps a belly toasty!

While I was warming my belly, Mommy made a funny shape in the sand. As soon as I saw that, I knew it had to come down. Mommy didn't seem to mind this time. I guess she finally realized the point of building up is to knock down. Duh!

It was a very big day and a very long drive home. That's my only excuse for this pathetic shot. Do I really look like that when I sleep? Mommy says I look cute. I think I look like a baby!
2 comments:
Hey Laura and Brady! It looks like you had a lot of fun! I wish we could have been there! We had fun in Monterey when we were visiting! Miss you!
ok so are the 2 that got into the plane crash your cousins? I have been following it all on their blog. so touching.
Post a Comment