Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Night Away from Home

Last night Mommy and Daddy left me at Grandma and Grandpa Thomas's and didn't come back until the next day! I don't know what to think. They never did that before. It's not that I mind, really. I like Grandpa and Grandma's house. I play there all the time and even take naps there. Once I even fell asleep there, but I woke up the next day in my own bed. This time was different. Humph!

Oh well. I did have fun hanging out with Grandma. She takes good care of me. She lets me sit in her lap while she does things I don't understand. She growls at me to make me run. She feeds me good food and snuggles me tight. She is especially nice to lean against when I need a break from all my playing.

Grandma is almost like having Mommy around.

Grandpa is more like having Daddy around. Just like Daddy, Grandpa is good for playing with and dancing with. They even both play the guitar!

Grandpa plays noisy songs that are great to dance to. Everyone dances! But I dance best. I have great moves and Grandpa loves for me to dance to his music. He even lets me help him play. I love to make the strings wiggle and make sounds. It's almost like the piano! But sometimes Grandpa stops playing, because he's tired (Um, Grandpa, it's not about YOU!) or because I stop dancing and play for a while (Hello! Background music!)

Silly Grandpa.

Anyway, I had a great time playing at Grandma and Grandpa's house, but I was glad when Mommy came to get me again. Where did they go that I couldn't come? I don't like being left behind. I want to go everywhere!

Then again, maybe where they went there wasn't any dancing. Hmmmm...maybe I did have the better deal.

1 comment:

gamma said...

Grandma and Grandpa had the best deal. We got the perfect little houseguest overnight.

He went to bed early, slept all night, and woke up cheerful at a very reasonable hour. He ate well, played happily, and scarcely even whimpered.

What a great little guy!