Wednesday, November 14, 2007

A Picnic

Grandpa B and Grandma A came to town a while ago. I would have written about it sooner, but Mommy took a long time getting the pictures ready.

I got to play with them and they fed me. I love to see them. Maybe they will come again soon. Mommy says they will!

While they were here, Daddy took Grandma, Mommy, and me to the park to look at the trees dancing in the sky. I love to look at trees. How DO they dance like that? Mommy says it's the wind. she ways Wind is the air that blows in my face and makes me catch my breath. I love that stuff!
Anyway, we went to the park and had a picnic. At least, everyone but ME had a picnic. Why don't I eat when everyone else does? And why do I eat different things than everyone else? Mommy says I am special that way, and I do like my food, but I have a feeling I'm being fooled somehow.

So, anyway, at the park we set out a big blanket and laid around watching some big boys kick a ball around. It looked like a lot of fun. I can't wait to be able to do that!

Grandma and me, we had a good time talking and getting to know each other again. I sure wished Grandpa B had come, but Grandma told me he had meetings. My other Grandpa goes to meetings too! So does Daddy! It must be some amazing kind of fun to make them miss things like picnics at the park! Someday I'm going to go to one of these meetings and find out for myself!

So, while we were sitting around watching the trees and being silly, I got pretty cold and Daddy let me use his sweat-shirt. It was very warm, though kind of hard to balance in. I fell over a few times and I couldn't use my hands very well, but I didn't mind, really.

Anyway, I think I look very cool in Daddy's clothes. Don't I look like a big boy? Mommy says I grow bigger every day. If that's true, Daddy's sweat-shirt will fit me in no time.
As I said before, I couldn't move vey well in Daddy's clothes, and I couldn't see the trees because the hood was so big, so I just sat and thought for a while. I wasn't planning on it, but I was so cozy and content that I soon fell asleep and when I woke up we were home again.

I was upset at first, but soon Grandpa B came to see me again and that made everything better! Did I tell you Grandma and Grandpa brought me roses? RED roses! My favorite color and flower! How did they know?

Mommy let me play with the roses and just before they were too old to keep anymore, she let me pull them apart and play with the soft petals. I made a huge mess all over the floor with them and tried to take a few bites, but Mommy stopped me there. She was so nice to let me tear up the flowers I thought I shouldn't push my luck and I stopped trying to eat them up.

It was so fun seeing Grandpa B and Grandma A again. Mommy says they'll come at Christmas. What is Christmas? Will I like it? Mommy says everyone likes Christmas, except the Grinch and Scrooge, and even they changed their minds in the end. Who the heck are the Grinch and Scrooge? Who cares what they think anyway?

I've decided I'm going to learn a new trick to show Grandpa and Grandma when they come. What trick? Wait and see!

1 comment:

Yaya said...

What a fun day that was - Brady loves being outside!