Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Bad Door!

Something very scary happened today. Mommy got stuck outside without me.

It wasn't my fault...not really. It was the Bad Door's fault. Mommy was washing the big window doors that go outside to my yard and I wanted to help. She let me help with the inside part, but when she washed the outside she shut the door and wouldn't let me out.

Well, that was NOT okay. I mean I could see her, but it wasn't good enough. I tried everything to get the door open again, but it wouldn't budge and Mommy wouldn't do anything to help me. She just kept washing the door.

While I was trying to get that door open I heard a little click, but I had no idea what it was (still don't, actually). All I do know is that when Mommy tried to come back in, she couldn't do it. I thought she was kidding, but she was as surprised as me. That mean old door wouldn't let my Mommy back in the apartment! Bad Door!!

Mommy didn't look happy. She kept telling me to push the button on the door "up", but I didn't understand exactly what she meant. I looked for the button, but I just didn't get it. Anyway, how would a button help? I tried everything else. I yanked on the door from every grip I could get and Mommy did too, but nothing worked. After a while I gave up and watched Handy Manny. It was a good episode. Mommy banged on the door, but I don't know what she thought I could do. I'm just a little guy.

Then she walked away. Mommy walked away and left me alone by the door and all by myself in the big apartment. Well, I howled, of course. Where was she going?! She came back when she heard me cry.

After that I really tried to get that door open. I really wanted my Mommy back. Handy Manny was over and I was lonely. So I climbed up on my toy chest and tried from up high. I worked on that door for a few minutes and suddenly I heard the little clicking noise again.


Then Mommy came in laughing and laughing. I don't know how she got the door open, but there she was! She gave me a big hug and said I was a VERY good boy. That was nice. I was just glad to have Mommy back inside. I gave her a hug and then went outside myself. It was my turn.

2 comments:

Brad said...

Love the new haircut, Brady looks 5. The door experience must have been scarey but hearing he left you when Handy Manny came on is hilarious! Time for a hide a key. Glad all is well. Love Grandpa Brad

Lyles said...

That story is too funny! But who doesn't love Manny. We'd love to hear a baby brother update.