Monday, February 2, 2009

A Winter Day

Well, Christmas and the Snow were great. I loved seeing the missing half of my family and I even enjoyed the cold. But it was nice to be home again where there is no Snow... but there is Beaches!
Mommy says it's still winter, and therefore cold, but that didn't stop us from going to the beach one day with Daddy. It was so pretty and sunny that we spent the whole morning there and got soaked full of sunshine.

I wore a big fluffy suit for Snow, but I wore a much lighter suit for Sand on the beach! Do you like it? Mommy and Daddy call it a "Wet-suit". I guess so, but it stayed dry most of the time. It kept the wind off my tummy and I think I look dang good!

Daddy took me out to the water and we got stuck on a big rock that looked like a bus. In fact, I kept mistaking it for a bus and Mommy had to keep reminding me it was a rock.

It was kind of fun being stuck on a rock, since Daddy was there to keep me safe, but after a while I was done. I made Daddy take me back to Mommy and the tent.

I love our tent. When I get too hot and sunny, I sit in it and kick the sand around. Then I come running out to sit in Mommy's lap and eat strawberries (Bedgies).

But, of course, I couldn't stay still for long. I made Mommy walk up and down the beach with me. We splashed and threw sand and made footprints until it got time for lunch and we had to go home. I had a great lunch of mac'n cheese and apples and juice.

That's a Winter Day in California. Different from Utah, isn't it?

2 comments:

Lyles said...

That looks like so much fun! Plus, you're looking so big in that second picture. You're such a big boy in your wet-suit.

Yaya said...

Love his lycra wet suit! That is perfect to keep the sun and sand off. Brady has such and genuine smile and dad and mom also look happy. I think you're are truly beach bunnies.