Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Christmas Eve

The day before Christmas is called Christmas Eve. Funny name. I guess people are just too lazy to say "the day before Christmas" all the time. We had a little party to get pumped up for the big day. Everyone was there!
Uncle Greg ("Regg"), Aunt Courtie (Dee-tee), Aunt Buffy's sister Heidi (who was way cool by the way. She must be a Mommy), and Grandma A.

Here you see Heidi again and Grandma A, but also Grandpa B, Uncle Matt and Aunt Buffy. I can say their names pretty well. In fact, I say them all the time - whenever I think of them. It happens in the middle of lunch or on a drive...whenever.

Here's Uncle Regg and Aunt Dee-tee again. I have more trouble with their names, but I know who they are. I love to find them in my picture book and try to say their names. It's HARD!

The big game for Christmas Eve was breaking open a bunch of shiny tubes. They made big popping sounds and were full of toys, paper, and colored crowns. I liked the toys, but I had no use for the paper and the crowns were just silly. I refused to wear one.

I was very surprised at everyone else wearing their crowns. Didn't they know how silly they looked? Didn't they realize that the crowns were made of paper and the whole point of paper is to tear it up? Grown ups are so out of it sometimes.

I tried for a long time to open a shiny tube by myself, but in the end I had to get Daddy to help me. I really enjoyed playing with the tubes themselves. As you can see, Daddy did too.

The box they came in was fun too. I put it on Uncle Matt's head first. It squished his face up funny. He didn't think it was so funny, I guess.

Next I put it on Daddy's head. He thought it was great and probably would have worn it all night, but I took it back and stood on it. It broke pretty quickly. Not much of a stool, but a great hat.

I spent a long time playing with the empty tubes. They made a fun shuffling kind of sound and glittered so nicely, but in the end I was distracted by the only present I got that night...

The coolest, softest, most amazing horse ever! (Horses say "NAY") Grandma and Grandpa got me the horse. It rocks (no, really, it rocks back and forth!) and sings funny songs when you squeeze its ear. I rode it and pushed it and danced to its music for hours! Thanks Grandma and Grandpa!

What a great Christmas Eve!

3 comments:

CLyle said...

We had such a fun time with you too Brady!

Brad said...

It was great to have all of our family together for the first time in years, but it was a special treat to have Brady and see his excitement. Thanks Laura and Brock I know traveling at Christmas is not really fun but we couldn't have enjoyed ourselves more. Love Grandpa Brad

Yaya said...

Yesterday I put something away in the guest closet and there was the little horse. It made brought back great memories and made me a little teary. What a magical Christmas!