Monday, January 12, 2009

Going Away for Christmas

When Christmas time came close we got on a plane and flew to see Grandpa B and Grandma A. They live in Utah where it's really cold. I went last year and saw snow for the first time. It's really cold. I guess Mommy and Daddy like snow, 'cause we went back again.

Oh. Mommy says it was to see family, not snow. Well, I guess that makes sense too.
Grandma and Grandpa had a big tree, like ours at home, but different. The toys were different, which was fun. The lights were VERY different. Our had small white lights. This one had big, hot, colored lights that I wasn't allowed to touch. Of course, I touched them anyway. Also, they had an angel on top of their tree. Ours was definitely Jesus, but this one was an angel. I just loved Grandma and Grandpa's tree!

I did some exploring when I got to Grandpa and Grandma's house and discovered all kinds of goodies. They had a big music player that I soon figured out. I played the same song over and over again until Grandma A said she didn't like it anymore and it disappeared. I also found a funny dancing Santa (I can't find any pictures of him yet, but if I find one later I'll show you) and a big tv in the wall. The tv was cool. I could watch Manny or Mickey Mouse any time I wanted. I wish our tv at home was like that.

Naturally I also saw a lot of snow. A LOT of snow. My favorite place to see snow was on a funny little bed in the living room called the "Book Nook". I spent all my free time there (free time meaning - I'm tire of running around everywhere else and need to rest for a minute). It was a cozy place to play quietly, or read, or just watch the snow. Snow is really cool. You'll see more about snow later.

The best part of being at Grandpa and Grandma's house was seeing Grandpa and Grandma! I never get to see them and I loved staying at their house. I got them all to myself. They read me books, cuddled me while I watched tv, fed me treats (like toast and licorice), and let me help build a fire in the fire place. I loved visiting them and I think we should go back.

Soon.

Before next Christmas anyway. That's a long time to wait.

1 comment:

Brad said...

Thanks for posting these. We'll send you a disc with our pictures so you'll have lots of everything but all phots will have Brady in them. Love Grandpa Brad