Friday, August 17, 2007

First Day in Oregon

On our first day we went and saw a bunch of waterfalls. I slept until we got to the prettiest ones.
This one is called Multnoma.

Daddy says it's 600 feet tall. It's so big I couldn't see it all. He took me up to the Bridge and it was pretty cold.

After we saw a lot of water we drove for a long time (grrrr!) and saw the house Grandpa B and Grandma A lived in when Daddy was born.

A lady lived there named Georgia Pope. She had very yellow hair and she talked nice to me. She let us in the house and showed us the garden. I got to sit in the grass and look at the flowers. She had very pretty flowers in the garden. Mommy says Daddy lived there when he was my age. That must have been a long time ago.

Then we went to dinner at Nick and Sue's house. They are really nice. I got to swing in their yard and Sue held me a lot. She's very cuddly... I think she's held babies before. They gave me a really nice present. It looks like a play block, but it's silver and has a hole in the top. It rattles nice and loud. Mommy says it's called a "bank" and you put money in it. What's "money"? It's pretty loud, I think.

After dinner I played on the floor while the grown-ups talked. I loved the fire! It's so red and orange. Mommy says I can't touch it though. She says it's hot. So, I still want to touch it...

Anyway, I fell asleep when we left and when I woke up we were at a house and I met Aunt Wendy. She's really fun. I got a bath and went right to bed. I was dead tired after such a day, but that day was nothing to what was to come.

No comments: