Thursday, August 9, 2007

Portland

So, I was just going down for my nap...

when Mommy told me why Aunt Alli is coming over today.
It turns out Mommy and Daddy and me are going to visit a new place tonight...Portland. Okay, that's fine with me. I like new places. But, then Mommy told me the TRUTH. It's far, far, far away. Much more far away than Tahoe even. That is not cool. I thought I made it clear that I don't like traveling long ways like that!

Mommy says that's because we were in the car, but this time we're flying. I asked her what that meant and she showed me birds in the garden. Apparently flying means travelling through the air with nothing holding you. Well, I've got a bit of news for Mommy... I'm not doing it.

Nope, not a chance. I can't even roll over yet and she expects me to figure out flying by tonight? I wouldn't even know how to begin. Anyway, I'm terrified of falling as it is. I mean, I get nervous looking at the ground when Daddy holds me to his shoulder! Now way I'm flying anywhere! No way!

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see this Portland place. Mommy says Daddy was born there. Daddy says it's really pretty and we get to see friends and cousins. Sounds great, but I don't want to be in the car that long! And don't tell me we're flying! I won't! I won't! I WON'T!

No comments: