Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Ducky

This is Ducky. He's my favorite. I found him at Grandma and Grandpa Lyle's house in Utah and I just couldn't love him more. I was first attracted by his bright yellowness, which is pretty great, but I was completely won over by his fluffy face and soft beak.

If you don't already know, I test all stuffed animals by biting their noses. It's the true test of quality. I used to be pals with a certain blue dog, who shall remain nameless (Knuckles!), but he turned out to have a poor excuse for a nose.

Ducky has about the best nose I have every come across. (Others with good noses include: Pooh Bear, Granny Bear, and the Fuzzy Monkey.)

There is, however, one problem with Ducky. I love him so much (he goes everywhere with me) that he's starting to get a little dirty. Okay, I admit he smells a little like my puke and his nose is getting a little black in some places, but it's nothing serious. Mommy disagrees.

For a while, Mommy kept trying to steal Ducky and wash him. I don't mind if she washes Ducky... eventually. But I NEED him!

Every time she took him away (always when my back was turned), I scoured the house and found him. She couldn't keep Ducky away from me! She finally gave in and has stopped trying to kidnap him, but I know she's waiting for me to let my guard down and then she'll snatch him away again. Grrr!

I guess I'll just have to keep a close eye on him. I've started bringing him with me when I nap, just in case, and I ask for him first thing every morning to make sure he didn't go and get washed in the night. So far, so good.

Okay, I'm going to go to bed. 'Night! Ducky (pronounced "Dch-dch") and Brady (pronounced "Deetee") signing off!

No comments: