We had another holiday a few weeks ago and this one was really cool, but a little weird. First I was dressed for church in a new blue outfit. Mommy kept saying it was my Easter outfit and she thought I looked great. I guess so, but clothes are really all the same to me. I wear them because I have to and I get food on them as soon as I can.The real fun started after church. Mommy and Daddy gave me a little basket with stuff in it. Very cool stuff. First I pulled out a clear bag with orange rocks in it. I wasn't allowed to open it, but it felt funny in my fingers!
Next Mommy gave me a white bunny. It's fuzzy and has a purple bow, but the best thing about the bunny is what happens when Mommy or Daddy plays with its paws. It makes a sound like "cluck, cluck cluck!" It makes me laugh every time! I wish I could get it to cluck! I don't know how they do it! I have tried so many times, but there's some secret trick to it. I think it's really funny that bunnies make a cluck cluck sound! That's almost as good as doggies that go "arf arf" and cows that go "booo!"
I made Mommy and Daddy make the bunny cluck a lot of times. Wow it's funny!What I want to know is what this Easter day is all about. What's the deal with the basket and the orange stuff and a clucking bunny? Is easter about a bunny that eats orange rocks and lives in a blue basket?
Mommy says no. She says it's about Jesus and how He came back from the dead and lives for us. I know who Jesus is. There's a picture of Him above my toy box. I like to pat His face when Mommy holds me up to look at Him. If Easter is about Him, it's okay by me.
I still don't think I understand the point of the bunny and basket (and I'm completely lost when it comes to orange rocks in a clear bag), and there are a lot of things about Jesus I don't know yet, but I think Easter is very nice. But the basket was only the beginning of the fun. Wait until I tell you about the rest of the day!
1 comment:
You look so cute in your little Easter outfit! That's funny that your bunny says "cluck cluck." What a silly bunny.
Post a Comment