Don't you just hate it when you can't reach anything? Everything I want to touch is Up High. Things like light switches, telephones, table tops, the tv, the ceiling. I've explored most of the things within arm's reach and I can't yet get to much else. Seriously there are times it's hard to be a baby!Tell you what, though, I don't mind so much when the thing I want is just naturally Up High. I'm growing bigger all the time (Mommy and Daddy say so), so I know I'll get there someday.
What I DO mind is when Mommy and Daddy deliberately moving things I want Up High just so I can't reach them! That's just cruel! Like the phone or the remote. There's something fascinating about both of them. I can't get enough pushing their many buttons. But, for some stupid reason or other, Mommy and Daddy don't let me have full access to them. I go to pick one of them up (I just want to taste it and push all the buttons to see what happens - nothing to get upset about) and Mommy or Daddy move it Up High.
That's Cheating!
The only time I'm allowed Up High is in my chair to eat. (Well, I also get Up High when someone picks me up, but they never let me decide where we go, so it doesn't count.) I like my chair. Mainly because I eat there and food is a very happy thing. But there's also the fun of trying to grab, or at least knock over, the phone! It's on the counter right next to my chair. When I'm sitting in it, I can't reach it. It's too far back. But in that moment while Mommy's getting me settled, I have a small window in which to give it my best shot.
I'll get Up High one of these days! I'm just going to keep on growing as fast as I can to get there!
2 comments:
As a fellow short person, but not as short as you, I totally understand what you mean about "Up High." Uncle Greg has to get dishes and other things down for me that I can't reach.
What a cutie. I can't believe how much they grow so fast.
Post a Comment