But that's not what I'm writing about tonight. I never finished my Easter Holiday story!So, I think when I wrote last I was telling about the basket and the clucking bunny, right? Okay, so after I took all the cool toys out of my little blue basket, Daddy put it on my head and took me outside to play. Just for the record, blue baskets make great hats.
It was the prettiest day and after I got the basket off my head I took off to explore. We have a little grassy space by our front door and I like to walk around it. The grasses tickle my toes! Sometimes Mommy and Daddy make me stay close to them when I play, but on Easter I was allowed to go anywhere on the grass I wanted.I was having a great time just wandering around and then something caught my eye. Mommy and Daddy told me to go get it (they called it an Easter Egg), so I did. It was way cool!
I know Mommy called it an egg, and it was shaped like an egg (I've seen eggs before), but it was much bigger and yellow! It rattled too, which was by far the best part. It fitted nicely in my hands and it was fun trying to pick it up with just one hand at a time (Daddy calls it "palming" the egg).I was having a great time playing with my yellow egg, when Mommy told me to put it in the blue basket. Huh? Why? I thought the whole point was to take toys OUT of the basket. At first I wouldn't do it. It just didn't make sense!

In the end I did it (Mommy can be very persuasive). The egg made a nice clunking sound when it landed in the basket, so I guess it wasn't a complete waste of time, but I took it right out again. How could I play with it if it was in the blue basket?
I did it a couple of times, just to hear the clunking sound, and then I threw it across the yard.
When I went to get it again, I saw another giant egg, but this one was green! Where did those Easter eggs come from?! Do large, colored eggs appear in your yard on Easter while you're in church? That's crazy!Of course, the real question is, what do those eggs have to do with the clucking bunny and the orange thing? Easter turned out to be a very fun and very confusing holiday.

So, anyway, I ran and got the green egg and, of course, Mommy and Daddy tried to get me to put it in the blue basket. Seriously, what's the deal with that basket?
Well, I was done with it! I threw the green egg away and went back to my yellow egg (yellow is nice color - the same color as my Ducky). Yellow and me, we made a break for it. No more blue baskets, no more finding crazy huge eggs in the back yard. I was done.

Unfortunately, we didn't get far. Mommy and Daddy caught me at the edge of the grass because I couldn't decide which way to go. Back to the house to play with the crazy, clucking bunny, or out to the fountain in front? Both good choices, but I took too long trying to decide.
It was okay, though. As it turns out they snatched me away to Grandma Gayle and Grandpa David's house! More on that later!
Sum it up? Easter is crazy cool fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment