On May 8 I turned one. Why is this such a big deal? All day on my birthday, people would say Happy Birthday or start singing a crazy funny song at me. I like the attention, but none of it makes any sense (story of my life, right?) One half of my family came to have dinner with us on my birthday (the other half is far away in Utah). What a lot of people there were! There was so many of us, we had to eat outside! It was great! Hey, I don't see me in this picture! What's up with that?
Daddy got my favorite food for dinner... cheese pizza! Usually Mommy cuts it up for me, but I insisted on eating it just like everyone else. Everyone thought it was so funny, but why? They were all doing the same thing! It was so tasty! I love cheese pizza! I had a very big piece and ate almost all of it. All but about half the crust. It was nice eating outside with so many people. They all laughed and talked and paid attention to me! Great party!
I don't often see so many of my uncles and aunts at one time. Aunt Karren was funny. She pointed her phone at me a lot and talked silly to me. My uncles, who are very big, sat back and laughed a lot. I like to hear them laugh. It's nice and deep.Aunt Alli was there too. I know her the best because she comes over to play with me all the time. You know, cheese pizza is her favorite too. We have a lot in common, actually. Grandma Gayle says Aunt Alli is her baby and I'm Mommy's baby.
Look at this picture! Aunt Karren took it. That's me and my new monkey. It has a tickling hat and is very soft. Uncle Stu gave it to me. He likes monkeys too. I got a lot of great presents that day. I get the feeling birthdays are a lot of fun!Then we had cake.
I don't like cake. The candle was okay. I liked spitting at it, but the light went out too fast and then I was supposed to eat the cake. Well, I tried it and all I can say is ppllbbth!
I wasn't going to try it at first. It got sticky stuff all over my fingers - gross! But everyone insisted and they made it look so yummy. Most of them tried it too and they seemed to like it. So I gave it a shot.
It was ridiculous! I gave Mommy a look that very clearly said, "get this away from me now and wash my hands while you're at it!" but she didn't do it! She just laughed!
So I made it clearer and demanded to be taken out of my chair AT ONCE and away from the yucky cake!
Not only did no one listen to me, but Aunt Karren added insult to injury by putting the horrible sticky stuff on my poor little nose. This was a sad turn to the events of the day!
But the worst was yet to come! I still had to be cleaned up! Some party! Forcing cake down my throat, putting it on my hands, face, and nose, and THEN cleaning it off! Birthdays are no fun at all! I'm never having another one!
But then we went inside and I got to play with some of my new toys. I was clean, out of my chair, full of pizza (and a little cake), and surrounded by people I love and tons of stuff to do!I should probably tell you what I got. Grandma and Grandpa Lyle sent me clothes (which were not on my list, but I kind of like these ones, since they have frogs on them), Grandma and Grandpa Thomas gave me a big toy you can push cars around on. They go down a little slide and come out the bottom! Uncle Gordon gave me crayons (which Mommy won't let me eat!) Aunt Karren gave me clothes too, but she made it okay by also giving me a ducky for my tub (it kicks and wiggles!). Uncle Stu gave me the monkey above. Aunt Alli gave me a box full of toy cars! Nana gave me a push toy (there are no words!). Mommy and Daddy gave me a little piano and a truck that moos and oinks.
Okay, I guess birthdays aren't so bad.
No comments:
Post a Comment