So just when I thought my birthday was over, Mommy tells me we're having another party. I didn't mind, as long as I didn't have to eat cake again. We got all set up in the same place (it's on a hill just outside our apartment and next to the pool) and the decorations looked great (I picked them out myself! Curious George!), but soon I was confused. The first party was great. Family, pizza, you know. But this time there was no pizza. This time no family came at all. This time we got to go swimming! I got to swim in my new ducky. It's really, really BIG! Check it out!
This party was all about friends. Laney came and brought her Mommy and Daddy. And then Abby came too with her Mommy and Daddy! I don't get to see Abby very often, so it was fun to have her there. She loves swimming! Laney's more like me. A little nervous about the water. Look at Abby's Mommy. She has a bump on her tummy. Mommy says there's a baby inside the bump and soon it will come out and Abby will have a baby sister. What's a sister? I hope Abby's okay with that. It sounds pretty weird.
When Abby and her Daddy got in the pool he started throwing her high in the air. She had a great time and laughed and laughed.
It looked like so much fun, I had to try it too. Daddy took me out of the Big Duck and tossed me up. My feet got wet every time I fell and it was great!
Then Laney wanted to try it, but she didn't like it very much. It IS a little scary, but she was okay. Her Daddy caught her every time.
After a while I decided it was time to get out. I was tired of being wet and was getting cold. I was getting hungry too and I knew Mommy had brought out a lot of yummy food (fruit, cookies, crackers and cheese!) So I got out and announced I was done. The good news was everyone caught on really quick and got right out. The bad news was that I got too excited about getting out and walked right through a very slippery puddle on the way out. I feel hard and hit my head on the ground. Not only did I end up with a headache, but Daddy had to dip me in the water again to clean my off (the ground was very dirty). Good thing Mommy was there to wrap me in a towel and give me cuddles.
And then, (I should have seen it coming) it was time for cake again. But it wasn't as bad as I was expecting. This time it was smaller and I did like the candle. The best part was when everyone sang at me. It pleased me so much I screamed and clapped. I DO like attention.
I even blew the candle out all by myself (I've been practicing, you know). Mommy and everyone clapped and laughed like I had done something AMAZING. Seriously, it was just blowing out a candle.
They tried to make me eat the cake, but as soon as I got that sticky stuff on my fingers I knew what was up. I wouldn't touch it! I wiped that stuff on everything I could reach (plates, chairs, Mommy...) and then I escaped and went off to play with my friends. Daddy had brought out my newest toys to share with the girls and we had a great time! I got the piano going and we all danced. Then we took turns pushing the push toy around. Well, sort of took turns. We'd push it back and forth, and I knocked the girls down with it every time! They tried to push back, but I am very strong. The silly thing is they cried when they fell and I got yelled at! No fair!
We did presents after while (I think the girls got tired of being knocked over) and I got some great stuff. Laney gave me two hats and a cool pair of sunglasses. I LOVE sunglasses. They look so great on me!Abby gave me a new truck. It's just the right size for pushing and it has a soft handle. I liked all my presents and Mommy let me play with them for a while.
I insisted she get the truck out right away and she insisted I wear the new red hat from Laney. We compromised. I wore the hat for about ten minutes and Daddy opened the truck for me. When Abby left we gave her a bag full of goodies and toys. I'm so glad Abby came! We had a bag for Laney too, but she didn't get hers until later because the Mommys and Daddys decided we should go to dinner together after the party was over. Laney got to open her bag at the restaurant.
Laney and me sat next to each other at dinner and shared bread. She tried to share her water with me, but the Mommys wouldn't let her. I guess there are some things you don't share. Well, Laney is my best friend and I'm glad I got to share my birthday with her!
1 comment:
Your parties looked like so much fun! We're so glad you had fun turning 1. We're with you on not liking to be sticky when eating cake.
Love Uncle Greg and Aunt Courtney
Post a Comment