Thursday, May 1, 2008

Learning a New Skill

I like food. What I like even more is feeding myself. Mommy has been letting me do it more and more often lately. I'm not very good at it yet, but I do enjoy the learning process.

Some of my food comes in jars. Things like spaghetti and macaroni and cheese are especially nice. I'm really a mac 'n cheese kind of guy, but (as you see in these pictures) spaghetti makes for a nice change now and then. It is a little messier, but I consider that one of it's perks.

Now, given the choice, I prefer my food straight from the jar. Mommy doesn't like that very much. She's not really into messes like I am. She let me do it this one time, but never since.

Mommy usually insists I eat with a spoon. I don't mind that. I like spoons. She really thought I should use one, so I humored her and held it in one hand while I ate out of the jar with the other. It was fun, but much easier to just use the jar.

After a long discussion, Mommy won by taking the jar out of my hands and giving me two spoons. Two spoons is definitely better than one, but without the jar I didn't get much food in my tummy. It's okay, though. I had already eaten my fill and was just playing with the leftovers to make a mess.

Spoons make great teething toys, by the way. I've got two mean molars coming in on my left side and chewing on stuff feels pretty great! Did you know I have ten teeth cut already? So there! And I'm not quite one yet!

Anyway, I was telling you a story, wasn't I? So, Mommy then took away my second spoon and explained that I should only use one at a time. Sounded boring, but I decided to give it a try.

I really only caved because she put more food on my spoon. Wow, was I getting full! You can really stuff your face eating out of a jar and then using two spoons! By the time I got down to one spoon I was stuffed!

The moral of the story is, eating is a skill I'm happy to practice as often as possible! Now if I could just keep Mommy from wiping my face after every meal I would have nothing to complain about at all!

2 comments:

kt said...

that is the grossest picture ever! Brady, spaghetti is not your best color...

Lyles said...

Thank heaven for baths, bibs, napkins and paper towels. I bet you needed them all to get clean after that.

Greg and Courtney