Saturday, June 14, 2008

A Day in the Life...

So, I thought I'd take today's blog and tell you all about how my day goes. I have nice days. Mommy makes sure I do. She knows what I like. For example, she knows that when I first wake up I don't like to eat. I have to wait a little to get hungry.

So first thing is a new diaper and get dressed. Some of my clothes are a little too big (like these fuzzy pants), but on cold mornings it's nice to be all covered up and cozy. Lately the mornings have been so warm I get to wear shorts, but I don't know how long that'll last.

Once I've had a chance to run around for a while, I get breakfast. I like go-gurts, buttered toast, fresh fruit, and juice. I eat a lot more fruit than usual lately, actually, since I have what Mommy calls a "Cold". It means my head hurts and my nose is soggy and I sneeze and cough a lot. It also means I only want fruit and bread.

I finally want to eat other things again today. Mommy is very glad. She didn't like it when I stopped eating all my favorite foods. She says she didn't know what to feed me. She says I got so picky that I was like Daddy when he was a baby. Cool!

Oh, I gotta tell you! Mommy went to the store yesterday and bought me a new kind of cracker - gram-crackers. YUM! I could eat those all day!

Anyway, when I'm done eating it's playtime! Sometimes Aunt Alli comes for playtime and sometimes we go see Grandma Gayle for playtime, but wherever we are - it's fun! One of my favorite games is to stand by Mommy's new "Cedar Chest" and push things off the other side. My arms are so long I can get all my toys from one side to the other!

This picture is me pushing my juice cup. I have these new juice cups and they look cool, right? Daddy got them for me. He says they are very good because they don't have BPA in them. What's BPA? Does it make my juice taste bad? Mommy doesn't like it either. She bought new bottles without BPA. They're all really cool, but I still don't get it.

Sorry, got side-tracked again. I play until I get sleepy and then I get a big bottle of warm milk (which, by the way, tastes tons better than formula!) and take a long nap with my white blanky and yellow ducky.

I get lunch when I wake up. Sometimes it's pizza or a cheese sandwich or macaroni and cheese, but always get juice and fruit and maybe some bread. Then I have to mess up the house. I'm good at that. I have to pull all my books off the shelf, pull the tupperware and plastic platters out of their corner, pull all my clothes out of the drawers, empty my toy box, and get all the movies out of their drawer.

I do pretty well, but Mommy still won't let me mess a few places. I'm not allowed in the bathroom, or the office, or the bedroom. The bedroom is my favorite, particularly Mommy's side of the bed. Someday I'll get there and pull everything off her shelves, but not yet.

I have to admit, It really makes me mad that I can't go in the bedroom or office. (I do sometimes get to go in the bathroom, so it's not as mysterious.) Every time Mommy pulls me out of those rooms, I let her know. It doesn't chance anything. I still don't get to go in there, but a good loud howl makes me feel a lot better.

After I mess the house up, we go on errands. The store, to see Daddy, to the doctor, to see Grandma and Grandpa - we go everywhere! When we get home, I play outside in the back yard, while Mommy gets dinner ready, because Daddy's coming home! I like it when people come home!

I like yelling "Hi!" when someone walks in the door. I like the chance I get to sneak out the front door and play in the rocks outside. Daddy getting home is the best, though. He plays with me and eats dinner with Mommy and me, and he gives me my bath.

He also makes my bottle and then Mommy puts me to bed. I like my bed. By the time I go to bed, I'm pretty tired from my busy day. Gotta rest up for the next one!

1 comment:

Alli said...

^_^ I love that kid!