Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Granny and Grampy

So, yeah, Mommy and me went to Arizona to see Granny and Grampy. Daddy didn't come. I'm not sure why. Daddy took me to Utah a little while ago and Mommy didn't come then. I don't understand why we can't all go together all the time!

Anyway, it was still nice to see Granny and Grampy. Granny has a cozy lap and sings lots of songs to me. Every once in a while, she would cover her eyes and hide. Of course, I had to go see why she was hiding her eyes. When I uncovered her eyes for her, she would smile and say peek-a-boo! Funny Granny!

She also taught me a new word. "Uh-oh!" It's one of my favorites. I use it when I knock something over or drop a toy. Sometimes I just say it for fun in the car or playing with Mommy and Daddy. Great word, Granny!

Grampy was fun too. He had a huge box of blocks that I was allowed to play with any time I wanted. They were very tasty.

Actually Grampy was a lot of fun to tease. I wouldn't let him hold me until the very last day there. He had thick, bristly whiskers that tickled me and he got so upset when I pulled away, I just had to tease him a little.

Grampy took me outside the last day there. Most of the time we were in Arizona it was so hot! But on our last day, it got a little cold. Or at least Grampy thought so. He took me out and hugged me very close, so I wouldn't be cold. Who could be cold in Arizona in May?

Grampy gave me lots of hugs once I let him hold me. I guess he and Granny thought they might miss me when I went home. They both gave me lots of hugs and kisses. Granny cried when we went to go home. I didn't know grown up people cried!

I liked Granny and Grampy. I hope we get to go back again soon to see them. I am very afraid I will forget them if I'm gone too long. I have a hard time keeping things in my head after while. Mommy says maybe we'll go back in the fall, when it's not so hot. I think Daddy should come with us.

1 comment:

Alli said...

Aw, it's o cute how much grandma and grandpa love that baby!!