Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Golf Club or a Vacuum?

Mommy and Daddy took me to the park one day and we had a picnic. We set out a blanket under a tree and by a lake. We saw birds and had snacks. There were doggies and another baby came to sit nearby. We met and had a nice little talk.

The best part about the day was my new toy. There are three of them and they came in a big orange tube on wheels. Daddy calls them "Golf Clubs" but they look a lot like Mommy's Vacuum. Maybe they're the same thing, but they have two names.

Whatever they are, at least I know how to use them. You hold it at one end and push it along the ground. Mommy's big one makes noise, but mine doesn't. It's okay, though. I make my own sounds to go with it.

The funny thing is Mommy only uses hers inside, but they expected me to use mine on the grass. (I did it that one time, to please Mommy and Daddy, but since then I know better and only use them inside like Mommy.)

I really don't know what to use the Golf Vacuums for. Mine came with little white balls, which I lost no time in chewing up. They're all bent now and completely useless. What do they have to do with pushing a long stick around and around?

Daddy wanted me to hit the little balls with the Golf Vacuums, and I gave it a shot, but it was a little slow for my taste. I'd rather run and push the Golf Vacuums in front of me.

Daddy really wanted me to hit the little white balls. He put on my hat and monkey and we chased them around the park for a while. Daddy hit a lot more than me and he seemed to think that was the best way to play with them. I knew better.

I kept mine on the ground and pushed it everywhere! Of course, Daddy was so tall he had a hard time keeping his on the ground. He needs bigger ones like Mommy has. I wonder why she didn't bring hers to the park?

You may notice I'm holding the very tip of the Golf Vacuum. Mommy laughs at me because I always insist on holding everything like that.

Well, it's the right way to hold things, isn't it? If you hold a spoon on one end, you can reach further with it. I'm not too tall and I like having a longer reach. Admittedly it's kind of a habit now, but I don't think there's anything wrong with it.

I like the park. I like playing there with both Mommy and Daddy. I like the sunshine and the grass. I like how big everything is. I like wearing the monkey and walking with Daddy. I like playing with Golf Vacuums and chewing on funny little white balls.

We had a nice day and I got to keep the Golf Vacuums. We brought them home and yesterday Mommy put them outside in my new play yard. Silly Mommy. I keep bringing them inside to play with, but she just keeps taking them back out again.

Maybe I better find out just exactly what Golf Vacuums are for...

2 comments:

Lyles said...

Don't worry Brady, none of the Lyle men really know how to use a golf-vacuum.

Brad said...

What is Ally talking about, the Lyle boys are experts with the golf vacuums, it's the vacuums we're not so good with.
Love Ya Laura, thanks for keeping us up to speed on the life and times of Brady!