So, I told you all about the people I saw. Now I think I'll tell you all about Arizona itself. I got to sleep every night in the same room as Mommy and every morning I got up as early as I could. If I got up early enough, Mommy would pull me into bed with her and we slept another hour or so.Mommy said I got up WAY too early. What's funny is no matter how early I made Mommy get up, Grampy was always up first! Does he ever go to bed?
Inside Arizona was fun. There was a big box of blocks. TONS of blocks. They were great for throwing, stacking, knocking down, and munching on. Mommy says Grampy made them. That's very cool. He let me take a few home with him. Then there was the Red Chair. Actually there were two, but I only used one at a time. It was just my size and very, very soft. A little too soft, actually. I tried over and over to climb onto it and it just kept falling over.
I figured it out in the end though. Well, Mommy helped me a little. It was fun to sit in the Red Chair. I felt like a big boy. Just like Daddy and Grampy and my two Grandpas! Sittin' in a chair doing nothin'. Mommy thought I looked so cute in the Red Chair! She took tons of pictures (these are only a few) and laughed and laughed at me! Why is it so funny when I sit in a chair? Everyone else does it all the time!
Yeah, Inside Arizona was fun, but Outside Arizona was great too! On the hot day we went swimming at Baylie's house and that was great! It gets very hot in Outside Arizona. Much hotter than Inside Arizona.
On the last day, though, Grampy took me to Outside Arizona and it was much cooler. (He thought it was cold. I thought it was nice.) Grampy showed me his big prickly plants that have these big flowers on them. He said they only live for one day. How sad! They sure were pretty, though.I wanted to touch them, but no one would let me anywhere near those prickly plants. As if I would be silly enough to get pricked! Oh well. I got distracted when they let me walk barefoot on the grass. Very prickly too! How come I'm allowed to walk on prickly grass, but NOT allowed to touch prickly plants?
I really enjoyed Outside Arizona. It's very big and pretty. It's green, but a lighter green than home. The sky is really big too. Mommy says it's because there aren't any mountains in Arizona like there are at home. Maybe. But I still think the sky is just plain bigger there.
So, that's Arizona. Granny, Grampy, Baylie, Rachel, Yummy blocks, Red Chairs, prickly plants, and great, big, no-mountain skies! Hmmmm...I want to go back!
No comments:
Post a Comment