
I have to tell you I did not enjoy the coming and going parts of Tahoe. We had to drive SO long that I actually started to not like the ride. I usually love riding in the car: I'm comfortable, the seat vibrates, and there's this nice rumbly sound that never fails to put me to sleep. I like to ride around while Mommy does her shopping, and that can take a while sometimes, but the rides to and from Tahoe were just too much.
On the ride up, I slept most of the way, but I woke up hungry and Mommy was sitting in the front seat and wouldn't feed me. Even worse, the car was moving so slowly I couldn't even go back to sleep to forget about my hunger. Well, can you blame me if I lost my temper? However, I got fed pretty soon and the rest of the drive was pretty nice.
Going home was horrible, though it started out just fine. Mommy sat in the back with me and had a bottle ready for me when I got hungry. But it wasn't near enough and I was just a little annoyed. Still, I was patient and decided to take a nap to pass the time. My ears hurt going down (WHY?? ...it took me days to feel better), but I didn't complain...much.
Anyway, when I woke up from my nap, we were STILL driving and boy was I hungry! There was Mommy, sitting right next to me, and she wouldn't feed me. Some nerve! Well, I was so mad I just had to howl. Mommy said she was sorry, but she still didn't feed me, so what good was that? I only stopped crying when Mommy let me suck on my bottle. Yes, I know it was empty, but it tasted like milk and that was something anyway.
It all worked out in the end. Mommy fed me as soon as we got home and then we went to visit Grandpa and Grandma. So it wasn't ALL bad, but I really didn't like it and they better not drag me on any more big, long trips...
1 comment:
Oh dear. I hope he feels a little better about long airplane rides.
Post a Comment