Friday, September 14, 2007

Uncle Matt

So, I finally met the missing uncle and aunt. Uncle Matt and Aunt Buffy are great, but they live far away. I wish they didn't.

Uncle Matt (this is him and me...) is very cool.
I knew the minute I met him (at a hamburger place called Ruby Toosdays) that we would be pals. I don't know what it is, but I just kind of seemed to know him already. Maybe it's how alike we are (Apparently I have his chin... sorry, Uncle Matt, but you can't have it back) or maybe it's the way he cracks me up. He smiles really big and makes me smile too with his funny voices. He says "Hey, Man!" and I just can't help but laugh!

Uncle Matt tells great stories. One night after my bath he started telling this story and I couldn't stop smiling! I didn't even know what the story was about, but Uncle Matt had my complete attention.

Uncle Matt calls me Monkey and Squirrel. Daddy calls me Monkey too, so that's okay, but what's a squirrel? Mommy says it's a cute little animal with a fluffy tail that likes nuts. Well, the cute part I get, but is he saying I have a tail?! I can't even eat nuts yet! Uncle Matt has some explaining to do...

Mommy says Uncle Matt only meant that I am a cute little man and nobody thinks I have a tail. That's good... what IS a tail anyway?

So, I like Uncle Matt and I aleady miss him. Daddy says we'll see him at Christmas... is that soon?

No comments: