Thursday, October 25, 2007

Plants is Interesting

So, I know I told you all that we went to the circus for Mommy's birthday, but we did other things too that I forgot to tell about. One of those things was really, really fascinating. We all went to a big plant place in the city.

It was big and a little confusing. I mean, I thought plants were supposed to grow outside. That's what they do at our house. Well, sometimes Daddy brings home a bunch of pretty flowers for Mommy and they get to stay in the house, but most of the green things have to stay outside in the dirt.

Actually, some of the plants we saw WERE outside. There were tons of them and they were very colorful. I have to admit I really like flowers. Whoever made them up was very clever and knew what they were doing. They even made them smell nice! Talk about attention to detail! At first I wasn't allowed to touch anything. Daddy kept me back.

He held me in the front-pack, which I actually like usually, but sometimes it's too confining. I really would have liked to be able to get a handfull of pretty flowers petals.

Fortunately I have a very nice Daddy and when he realized what I wanted, he brought me in close and let me touch them. I was very good and didn't even steal any petals (though, believe me, I wanted to!) Oh, those flowers were so soft!

Then we went in the big building.

Inside the building was very warm and not a lot of flowers, though there were some crazy trees and leaves. Check out these ones... They eat bugs! Seriously! Daddy told me so. He says they makes a sweet juice and the bugs come and try to drink it up, but they get stuck and the plants EAT them! Cool! I wonder what bugs taste like...

Anyway, where was I?

Oh, yeah. There were a few flowers and you wouldn't believe how big they got! I guess growing inside is very good for flowers. This one was as big as me... I was a little scared of it actually. I think I almost fell in, but Daddy had me nice and tight so I was safe.

Mommy sure took a lot of pictures, didn't she? Who knew plants were so interesting?

Daddy did! He had a great time and, since I was riding with him, I did too! He found this cool round thing you could look through and it made everything bigger. It was very handy for looking at these little tiny plants that eat flies. I'm not exactly sure what flies are, but they must very small if those itty bitty leaves eat them.

Mommy says flies are bugs. What is with these plants that eat bugs? Are they THAT tasty? hmmmm...

Well, I really had a great time. In fact, it all ended too soon. After a while Daddy had seen enough and Mommy wanted to go get some soup and chocolate. I wasn't done, and I knew I wasn't going to get any of the soup or chocolate, but I'm just the baby and I have to go when everyone else is ready.

I think Mommy and Daddy need to take more naps, like me, since they seem to have trouble keeping up with me!

No comments: